Saturday, February 13, 2010

News Roundup 2/13/10 - The Injuries Never Stop Edition

The Diminutive Russian's classic facial expressions will not be on display in Portugal. Pic via Daily Mirror.
  • Last night, I drunkenly injured my knee exiting a subway turnstile because I was preoccupied with worry that Chelsea might win the Double.
  • Andrei Arshavin has confirmed that he will not play in Arsenal's Champions League knockout round tie at F.C. Porto on Wednesday, after picking up a hamstring injury against Liverpool. Alex Song is also a "major doubt" with a medial ligament knee injury. Eduardo and Samir Nasri should both return to fitness. [Daily Mirror, ESPN Soccernet]
  • With no room for error, Arsene Wenger knows Porto will not be a pushover. [Sky Sports]
  • Mikael Silvestre is pulling a Philippe Senderos and is upset he was not selected to the squad Wednesday against Liverpool. He now wants to quit Arsenal. [Daily Mirror]
  • Bordeaux confirms that striker Marouane Chamakh will join Arsenal this summer. Meanwhile, they've apparently "gone cool" on defender Stefan Savic. [Daily Mirror]

1 comment:

  1. "Last night, I drunkenly injured my knee exiting a subway turnstile because I was preoccupied with worry that Chelsea might win the Double."

    I LOVE THIS.

    ReplyDelete