Wednesday, March 17, 2010

News Roundup 3/17/10 - The Disgraced Striker Edition

I believe I can fly! Pic via Daily Mail.
  • Chelsea came crashing out of the Champions League yesterday with a 1-0 loss at Stamford Bridge to Internazionale, losing the tie 3-1 on aggregate. Didier Drogba was sent off late for stamping on the calf of an Inter defender. The Daily Mail has this great retrospective of Drogba's past disgraces that is sure to brighten any Gooner's day. [Daily Mail]
  • Alex Song, serving his two match ban, watched Arsenal's game against Hull on Saturday with his family, and talks about how he celebrated Bendtner's winner: "I jumped everywhere. I was watching it with my son and he did not know what was happening. But when Nicklas scored I just said ‘yeeeeeessssssss’." That's pretty much what I did too, but I'll bet I was more drunk. [Arsenal.com]
  • On the injury front, Cesc Fabregas has resumed full training, as has Tomas Rosicky. William Gallas might return to training soon. [Daily Mirror]
  • Andrei Arshavin and his wife Julia were involved in a small car accident on Monday. He's fine. For some reason, both of these articles on the incident talk a lot about Theo Walcott. [Guardian, Daily Mirror]
  • We've mentioned Arsenal's interest in Ajax midfielder Christian Eriksen before. Arsene Wenger has earmarked the 18-year-old player to be signed once his contract runs out in 2011. Now we play the waiting game... *twiddles thumbs nervously* [Guardian]
  • Armand Traore wants to some day play for Paris Saint-Germain. I spent five minutes trying to come up with something snarky to say here, but there's really just nothing. [ESPN Soccernet]

No comments:

Post a Comment