Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Arsenal 0 - 1 Real Madrid: Oh, It's a Video Game



Arsenal 0
Real Madrid 1: Kaká 89

I'll spare you the suspense of the score; you should keep in mind that Kaká is on the cover of FIFA 11.

EA Sports released a video of game play from their upcoming FIFA 11 release (September 28 in North America, where Carlos Vela also features on the cover, and October 1 in the UK.) The demo game shown features a friendly between your beloved Gunners and Real Madrid at a generic field, Court Lane, that looks like it belongs in League Two. Court Lane, in my research, also appears to be a generic pop-punk band from Birmingham. I haven't actually listened to their stuff.

But, I wildly digress. Without an Arsenal match this weekend, this was as close to rooting for the Gunners as I'm going to get for the next ten games, to the point where even though I knew Kaká was going to win the match since he's the global cover boy on the game this year, I still found myself yelling about why nobody was covering him on that cross. It looks like that one was on you, Koscielny!

No comments:

Post a Comment